How to Generate More Likes on Facebook
The advantages of having a practice Facebook page are many, namely for those practices actively utilizing the network to communicate and interact with their patients. Seeing that approximately 1 in every 13 people have a Facebook account, and over half of these people are logged in to Facebook on any given day, Facebook is an extremely powerful social network that you can utilize to drive practice growth.
One of the strategic ways to reach more prospective patients is to acquire more “Likes” within the social network. The more “Likes” your page has, the better chance your practice will become visible to these individuals’ network of followers, increasing your exposure to new, prospective patients in your area.
Now the question remains, how do you get Facebook users to follow your page? Use these ideas below to start generating more “Likes” on Facebook and increase your exposure on this incredibly powerful social network.
1. Create a vanity URL for your Facebook page. Rather than directing patients to a long, complex URL, a vanity URL makes it easier for patients to immediately find your page on Facebook (e.g. www.facebook.com/yourpracticename). To create a Facebook vanity URL, click here (you must be logged-in to Facebook to access this page).
2. Add the “Like” button to your practice website with a link to your Facebook page. This helps visitors easily access your Facebook page, increasing your chances of them “liking” your practice. At a minimum, include the “Like” button on your Welcome Page and Contact Us page.
3. Add a Facebook icon that links to your page in your emails. For example, if your practice uses email to communicate with patients or emails appointment reminders, this is a great way to promote your page to your target audience.
4. Incorporate the famous “Like Us on Facebook” phrase on practice materials. Spread the word to patients that you’re on Facebook by making it known on practice advertisements, sign-in sheets, and appointment reminder post cards.
5. Offer an incentive for “Liking” your page. People respond to incentives, so offering a special on a service for those who “Like” your page will absolutely help you gain more followers. Consider running a promotion, such as offering a discount on a service, for those who “Like” your page.
6. Announce your new Facebook page via email. Send an email blast to all current patients, inviting them to join your Facebook community for new information about your practice.
7. Make your posts interactive. People love to share their opinions and feedback. Better engage your online audience by asking questions or posting surveys on a regular basis.
8. Highlight your Facebook page on a placard at your practice’s front desk. As patients sign-in to their appointment, they’ll undoubtedly see that your practice is on Facebook. Add some sugar to the spoon by offering a discount on their next service if they “Like” your page.
9. Post often. An occasional post once a month quickly loses fans’ interest, but actively posting increases returning visitor interaction with your page. People are more likely to “like” your page if you are regularly providing them with valuable information.
10. Host a contest or raffle for Facebook fans only. For example, hold a “Like-gate” contest, in which Facebook “Likes” are the gateway to entering the contest, such as raffling off a free gadget or a significantly discounted service.
11. Create or purchase a beautiful cover photo. Your cover image is the first thing viewers notice on your Facebook page. A beautiful, eye-catching image will spark interest and increase engagement while also helping you convey a professional image of your practice.
12. Use the power of word of mouth. When chatting with patients, let them know that you’re on Facebook and ask them to “Like” your page. With over half a billion people accessing Facebook from their mobile device, most patients will be able to “Like” your page right then and there!
13. Include a link to your Facebook page on your practice blog posts. Having a blog can not only help increase your rankings on search engine results, but it’s a great way to keep patients informed and drive your visitors to your Facebook page.
14. Add a link to your Facebook page on your other social media accounts. Most people are on multiple social networks. In addition to including a link to your website, include a link to your Facebook page on other social media accounts that you have (e.g. LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, FourSquare, Instagram).
15. Run Facebook ads. Facebook can help you target your ads to reach your local audience and is a great way to spread the word about your practice and drive more visitors to your page.
There’s no better time than now to start capitalizing on the power of Facebook. To learn more about enhancing your presence on Facebook, contact one of our website consultants today at (888) 932-3644.