With the word “mobile” flying around the web design world, it is easy to get confused about what is and what isn’t a true mobile website. As mobile website usage continues to increase exponentially, it’s important to respond to these consumer trends to effectively reach your on-the-go audience.
You may have heard people refer to mobile websites as either “mobile-compatible” or “mobile-friendly.” While similar in wording, these terms represent significantly different outcomes.
Mobile-compatible essentially means that your desktop website loads on mobile devices as a shrunken version of itself. These sites are often slow to load, difficult to navigate, and hard to read, quickly causing frustration among mobile users. According to a recent Google study, frustrated mobile users are 5 times more likely to leave your website and search for another site that meets their needs.
Mobile-friendly websites are optimized for mobile devices and include thumb-friendly buttons, easy-to-read text, and super streamlined navigation. Seeing that mobile Internet search is expected to surpass desktop search in the next couple of years, it’s important to be marketing accordingly, and mobile-friendly websites can provide countless benefits for your practice:
• A recent Google study shows that 67% of mobile users are more likely to buy a product or use a service from businesses that have a mobile-friendly site.
• 74% of mobile users are more likely to return to a mobile-friendly website. More returning visitors = more repeat patients.
• We, as humans, are impatient. Mobile-friendly websites load in 5 seconds or less. This makes mobile visitors happy, as you have (indirectly) provided them with great customer service.
• Mobile websites encourage immediate action. With prominent “click-to-call” and “click-to-map” icons, patients can find and contact your practice – instantly.
• Users can easily navigate through your website with thumb-friendly buttons, reducing the need to zoom in and out and increasing the chance that they will find what they’re looking for.
• Enlarged text and resized images give users a seamless, optimal viewing experience on your mobile website.
Start Reaching New, On-the-Go Patients Today!
Seeing that mobile Internet search is estimated to surpass desktop search within the next couple of years, there’s no better time to start reaching your mobile audience.
To learn more about ProSites mobile website solutions, call (888) 932-3644 for a free consultation.