5 Reasons You Need a Mobile Website
As mobile browser usage continues to skyrocket, having a mobile website is shifting from being a luxury to a necessity, and if you don’t have a mobile website, you’re letting potential patients slip away! Here are the 5 major reasons why you need a mobile website now:
1. Like mobile phones, mobile websites are not a fad or trend – they’re here to stay. With the advent of Wi-Fi, Facebook, and numerous emerging technologies, nearly every new phone is equipped with Internet accessibility and a mobile browser, enabling cell phone users to have the Internet constantly at their fingertips. Over the past year, Google research shows the number of Internet users searching on a mobile device has quadrupled(!) – and that number continues to multiply.
2. Mobile phones outnumber PCs 4:1. Here’s a little insight… your targeted audience is already searching for you via mobile browsers. 83% of the population has a mobile phone. If that statistic alone doesn’t astound you, how about this; 4.8 billion people have a mobile phone, while only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush! The mobile revolution is here, and if you aren’t marketing your practice accordingly, you may be missing out on new patients!
3. Mobile users are even less patient than PC users. When searching, most mobile users are on-the-go, with 80% of searches inquiring about the nearest business or service. Because of this urgency, mobile users want their information fast. A mobile website has compressed images and less fluff, so download times are much faster than a mobile-compatible website. Faster page-load times = happier prospects.
4. Google’s Smartphone Crawler is a search bot that crawls and ranks mobile sites differently than mobile-compatible websites within Google’s mobile search results. As more search engines debut new algorithms to account for mobile websites, a non-mobile or mobile-compatible website is sure to be left in the dust. Additionally, Google will naturally begin to rank mobile-friendly websites higher in the search results for mobile users in order to deliver a better search experience.
5. Improve a mobile Internet user’s experience. Any good business puts their customers first and meets their demands. A mobile website is really an improvement in customer service, allowing clients and prospects to quickly access the information they desire. A mobile-compatible website will leave your clients squinting at the screen or will require them to constantly zoom in and out to find what they’re looking for. Mobile websites have thumb-friendly navigation and larger fonts for optimal viewing.
Will a mobile website benefit your practice?
Absolutely! Contemplate the fact that 1 in 3 searches conducted from a mobile device is for a local business or service, and that number increases every day. Get a head-start on your competition and get a mobile website.
To find out more about reaching on-the-go patients with a mobile website for your practice, contact us at (888) 932-3644.
Check out our other blog post to learn more about reaching the thriving mobile market here.