If you haven’t realized the increase in visual content on social networking sites, it’s time you take notice. Recent studies prove that we process visual information 60,000 times faster than text, which is why more companies are engaging visitors by sharing images and video alongside text-based posts.
The key to engaging users on social networks is to regularly post different visual elements. Here are seven ideas to get you started:
1. Make a collage – You can use a free online photo editor, such as Pixlr.com, to edit and arrange your photos into a collage. Collages are an easy way to share multiple images in a single post, perfect for before-and-after cases or pictures from events you have hosted or attended.
2. Add text to images – Adding text to images allows you to visually share information, potentially engaging more followers, and is the perfect way to advertise your current promotions or new services. You can use a free web application such Addtext.com to add content to any image.
3. Host a photo-sharing contest – If you don’t have time to take, edit, and upload photos yourself, try hosting a photo-sharing contest. These competitions allow your fans to share their own images on your social networks, enabling you to show visual content without doing it all on your own. And, don’t forget that every contest needs a prize! Consider rewarding the winning participant with an item, gift card, or free service.
4. Give followers visual tutorials – One way to share visual content with followers is to provide brief informational videos. You can demonstrate how to properly floss, explain how digital X-rays work, or even share patient testimonials. These types of videos are highly likely to engage visitors and establish you as a credible professional in your field.
5. Share inspirational quotes – A current trend within multiple social networks is sharing inspirational quotes artistically placed over a creative background. You can share some of your favorite quotations by using free services such as Quozio.com. This free web application allows you to type your quotation and display it over any one of their 37 backgrounds. Quozio even allows you to upload your creation directly to multiple social networking sites.
6. Use screenshots – Engage your fans by sharing screenshots of cool features on your website, new blog posts, or your glowing reviews on Yelp. Since the goal of social media is to improve correspondence and highlight your expertise, communicating with fans visually can improve your reputation and drive more traffic to your website.
7. Show; don’t tell – When posting on social networking sites, it’s easy to get into the habit of constantly telling your fans about your practice. But, why not show them? Use images to share your accomplishments, awards, certificates, etc. Let fans and prospective patients see just how talented you are.
Studies show that 40% of the population responds better to visual information, which is supported by the fact that social media posts with photos get 7 times more likes and 10 times more shares than text alone. Whether you’re new to social media marketing or a seasoned veteran, try introducing visual content into your social networking strategy today.
Does your practice need help getting started on social media? Contact us at 888-932-3644 to learn more about our social media marketing services.