6 Tips for Optimizing Your Yelp Profile
With 102 million monthly visitors and over 39 million reviews, it’s no wonder Yelp is one of the leading sources of new patient referrals. And, each referral Yelp generates adds significant revenue to your practice over the course of one year. According to a recent study conducted by The Boston Consulting Group, Yelp generates, on average, $8,000 annually for businesses that have optimized their free account. Additionally, if implementing Yelp’s paid advertising with an annual budget of $4,500, the same study demonstrated that health and medical services bring in an average of $20,000 in increased revenue annually.
Because claiming and optimizing your free Yelp profile has proven, positive impacts, we highly recommend you get started. Create your free account at http://biz.yelp.com and follow the simple prompts to complete your listing, and don’t forget to include a link to your website.
Here are some tips to keep in mind that can help increase your exposure on Yelp:
1. Make your profile complete – Filling out your profile thoughtfully and thoroughly will give patients a better understanding of your services and will let them immediately know whether you can meet their needs.
2. Advertise your profile – Ask patients to submit a review on Yelp, or keep a sign displayed on your reception desk, mentioning your practice profile on Yelp. Having a positive online reputation can help you stand out as a reputable provider.
3. Monitor your profile – Regularly check your profile for new reviews, and be sure to respond with a “thank you” to those who leave a positive comment about your practice. Should you stumble upon a negative review of your services, respectfully respond to the review and try to resolve the problem. Showing concern for your existing patients’ experiences will let prospects know that you care about their satisfaction.
4. Offer exciting discounts – Yelp sends out weekly emails to local users, notifying them of nearby deals. By advertising discounts on Yelp, you can be featured in the emails that Yelp sends to nearby prospects, helping you reach a local, targeted audience.
5. Share with prospective patients – Similar to Twitter, Yelp allows you to post 140-character status updates. Use these updates to inform prospects of events you’re attending, sponsoring, or hosting to give them an opportunity to attend the event and learn more about your services.
6. Link your Facebook and Twitter profiles – When prospects use review sites, such as Yelp, to research your services, they will likely search online to discover everything they can find about your practice. Make it easy and convenient for them to find more information by supplying links to your social networks directly within Yelp.
Business listing sites such as Yelp, Google Places, and Angie’s List are great (free) opportunities for you to reach local prospects. In following these simple tips, you can further your marketing influence on Yelp and increase new patient opportunities.
If you want to reach more local prospects, contact us at 888-932-3644 to learn more about our Local Search Marketing services.