Is It Time to Update Your Facebook Page?
With all of the social networking sites constantly updating their layout, options, and terms, it’s hard to stay on top of things and assure your page is always performing at its best. Over the past few months, Facebook has made many changes, some of which may be impacting your page’s performance.
Here are some quick tips to ensure your Facebook Fanpage is fully optimized and gaining interest:
• Custom Facebook URL – If you haven’t already claimed your Facebook vanity URL, we recommend you do so as soon as possible. Vanity URLs take your Facebook page from being www.facebook.com/349984563 to www.facebook.com/yourpracticename, allowing you to reference a simple, easy-to-remember URL on your practice’s marketing materials so patients can easily find your page. To edit your vanity URL, visit www.facebook.com/username.
• Edit your short description – When a Facebook user visits your Fanpage, they can view a short description of your services right below your profile image. Use this highly visible area to your advantage and include a concise description of your practice along with a link to your website to drive more Facebook fans to your practice’s webpage.
• Thoroughly complete your profile – Often, when businesses first create their Facebook Fanpage, they get so caught up in getting started that they neglect to fill out all available fields. Including comprehensive information about your practice (such as services you offer, office hours, contact information, and a link to your website) will help prospective patients distinguish you from your competitors and make it easy for them to visit your site to learn more.
• Double check your page category – When you started your Facebook page, did you set it up as a product or service? Switch your page category to a local business to drive locally targeted prospects to your Fanpage. When created as a local business page, your office location and hours are prominently displayed at the top of your profile, preventing users from having to navigate to your “About” section to find the information. Also, listing your practice as a local business prevents any confusion among potential fans searching for your page.
• Update your cover photo – Did you know that Facebook now allows you to include a call-to-action in your cover photo? Facebook has relaxed their terms, and cover images can contain as much text as your heart desires. With these new guidelines, you can update your Facebook cover image to help market your practice. Influence Facebook users to like your page or schedule an appointment by advertising it in your cover photo.
• Revamp your profile image – Profile images should let users easily distinguish your brand. Because your profile image is displayed next to every post and comment you share, you want to constantly be sharing your brand. If you have an identifiable logo, try using it as your profile image, or use a clear photo of yourself.
While it can be tough to stay current on all of the changes occurring across different social networking sites, ensuring your Facebook profile includes these updates can improve your social media marketing reach.
If you’ve made these updates and are ready to start gaining more “Likes”, check out our blog post about generating more Facebook fans.