Approximately 70% of doctors now have a web presence, and the struggle to stand out online has become increasingly difficult. If you’re in a competitive market, you know how the tiniest advantage in your services can be a huge differentiator between you and your competitors. And, if you’re having difficulty winning over new prospects with your website, these three reasons may be to blame:
Reason #1: You don’t have a mobile website.
Why a mobile website is a must:
• 47% of smartphone owners rely on their phones to find information about products and services.
• 61% of people have a better opinion of a company when they offer an enjoyable mobile experience.
• 74% of consumers will wait 5 seconds for a web page to load on their mobile device before abandoning the site.
• 61% of mobile users who find your practice through mobile search end up calling the practice.
• If a mobile user is not happy with your mobile website, 40% of the time they will visit a competitor’s website instead.
• 9 out of 10 mobile searches results in a visit to the practice.
Reason #2: Your website makes it difficult for patients to contact you.
Why you need contact information:
• Your contact information should be on every single page of your website, making it easy for prospective patients to contact you as soon as they want to schedule an appointment.
• Consider including a contact form, which has been shown to increase new patient opportunities by 6% each month.
Reason #3: You don’t have online reviews, or your online reviews are unfavorable.
How online reviews help:
• 90% of consumers say their choices in contracted services are influenced by online reviews.
• 85% of people say they are more likely to hire services when they can find online reviews about them.
• 85% of people research services online before they decide to make a purchase or hire someone.
• 76% of people consider online reviews when deciding which local business to use.
• 70% of people who read online reviews share them with friends, family, and colleagues.
Making simple adjustments to your website may increase the amount of new patient referrals your online presence generates.
Keep in mind, after you acquire a new patient from your website, you should follow up with outstanding customer service. 56% of consumers report their first customer service interaction with the practice determines whether they will be a repeat patient.
If you would like to learn more about acquiring positive online reviews, please download your free white paper. Or, if you would like to learn more about a new mobile website, please contact us at 888-932-3644. •