When purchasing a new website, hosting is often excluded from the decision making process; many people tend to view hosting as a necessary service and pay no attention to the differences in web hosts.
In reality, your web host should be a primary concern in choosing a website provider. Your host should provide you with peace of mind, ensure up-time, and provide added benefits. In choosing to host your website with one company or another, here are some key things to consider:
1. Helpdesk Support
• Does your host provide it?
• Is there a fee for calling in?
• Do you get to speak to a live person?
• Are there multiple ways to receive help (i.e. phone, email, live chat, etc.)?
2. Email Accounts
• How many email accounts are included with the service?
• Can you change the email addresses should you experience turnover?
• Are there fees charged to create additional accounts?
• Do they provide email support?
• Can you choose your preferred email client?
3. Features and Upgrades
• When Internet standards change, is your service updated?
• If design trends change, can you change your site design?
• Are there fees for updates and upgrades?
• How often do they improve their services?
• Do they have positive reviews?
• What is their percentage of up-time?
• What is their customer retention rate?
• Are they a dedicated web host? Or are they cloud-based?
As you consider purchasing a new website or moving your existing website, be sure to ask potential providers these essential questions to ensure you’re getting the most for your money.
To learn more about the features included with ProSites web services, contact us at 888-932-3644.