30 Great Social Media Post Ideas for Dentists
Consistently posting on social media can be hard to do after a while. So, we thought we’d give you some inspiration!
Want to learn more about dental social media now? Download the free whitepaper, Running a Dental Practice in the Age of Social Media.
Community and Volunteer Events
1. Visit an elementary school to teach children about oral health and share this event with your followers.
2. Highlight volunteer work your practice is involved with.
3. Host a charity drive and promote it leading up to and on the day of the event (e.g. food, blood, toys, etc.)
4. Help promote events happening in your community like a pet adoption near you. People like to help spread the word!
5. Share information about scholarships you offer or are aware of, particularly for dental school students!
Office Celebrations and Announcements
6. Celebrate your staff with a happy birthday message. This will resonate with your loyal patients!
7. Congratulate your staff when they announce a pregnancy (given that they feel comfortable sharing this news).
8. Show your practice’s personality and post photos of holiday parties, costume competitions or white elephant gift exchanges.
9. Have a new gadget in the office? Show it off!
10. Announce conferences that you are attending.
11. Share your experiences at CE events. People like to know that their dentist is keeping up with the times!
12. Introduce new-hires with a photo and quick bio.
13. Explain a new process that your practice has implemented to improve patient experiences, like confirming or rescheduling their appointments seamlessly online.
14. If you’re in the news, it’s OK to brag a little! Share local press about your practice.
15. Give your followers updates on holiday hours.
16. Share your own positive, native reviews. Facebook allows patients to review you, so if someone has something nice to say “share” the post and thank them publicly.
17. Highlight before and after photos (with the patient’s permission, of course).
18. Re-post any positive posts that patients post about and tag your practice in.
19. Hold themed days such as Denture Days or Patient Appreciation Days. Having a blog post that explains the promotion helps too.
20. Offer a discount to new clients. Tip: Promotions are best shared near end of calendar year when people are thinking about their expiring benefits.
21. Create a Patient of the Month program and congratulate patients publicly.
22. Create a list of common questions and answer one common question each week, such as “What to do in a dental emergency?”
23. Discuss your opinion of fashions trends that affect oral health such as piercings, jewelry in teeth, and other uncommon cosmetic procedures.
Entertaining or Humorous Content
24. Share celebrity dental news like Sharon Osbourne losing a dental implant on live television.
25. Entertain your patients with celebrity before and after smile comparisons.
26. Uncover myths about dentists debunked.
27. Highlight fun facts about dentistry. A quick google search can help come up with a few.
28. Make kids laugh with cartoons about dentists. Use your best judgment to determine if this is consistent with your practice’s voice and personality.
29. Re-post relatable content such as these Buzzfeed articles about dentists. Use your best judgment to determine if this is consistent with your brand as well.
30. Repost old content that did well as a #TBT (throwback Thursday) post.