The Benefits of Automated Patient Communications
The key to running a highly effective and profitable dental practice is to work smarter, not harder. One of the best ways to improve productivity, grow loyal patients, and reduce no-shows is through automated patient communications. And, seeing that 80% of patients prefer text and email reminders to calls, it’s important that you’re listening to patients and communicating with them in the way they appreciate most.
Here are the top 6 benefits of automating your patient communications:
1. Reduce no-shows: Appointment reminders can help jog a patient’s memory of their upcoming appointment. They can also prevent any scheduling mix-ups or last-minute cancellations. Plus, automated services reach patients through multiple channels which results in patients regularly scheduling or confirming appointments.
2. Improved arrival times: With reminders, you can cut-down on late arrivals by ensuring patients know when they’re supposed to arrive at your office. Same day text messages that are sent one or two hours before the appointment gently prompt patients to wrap up what they are doing and leave for their appointment.
3. Save staff time: On average, dentists save approximately one week’s worth of work with automated recall and reminder software.
4. Better patient satisfaction: 80% of patients prefer text and email reminders to calls. By allowing patients to respond at their convenience, you can improve patient satisfaction.
5. Provide a personal touch without having to do a thing: In addition to building patient satisfaction, automating communications allows you to easily send birthday and holiday greetings, as well as friendly reminders to those who may have forgotten to schedule another appointment.
6. Ensure patients don’t fall through the cracks: Patients don’t always schedule their next appointment before leaving your office. Whether patients move, cancel, or remain unscheduled, automated patient reminder software tracks who needs to schedule and continues to remind them over the next two years until they schedule.