How Dentists Should Use Facebook Polls (Plus Ideas on What to Ask!)
As a dentist, if you’re on social media – you already know the importance of staying engaged with current and potential patients.
In addition to posting about dental hygiene tips, special offers or promotions, and office news – have you considered adding polls as part of your content strategy?
Asking poll questions is a something that both large and small companies can benefit from asking. It allows you to:
- Gain a deeper understanding about your patients (current and potential)
- Get more content ideas for new posts
- Differentiate the types of content you’re posting about for more engagement and interaction
To get started, simply go to your practice’s Facebook page and go to write a post. From there, click “poll” in the drop-down options.
From this option, you can insert your question and type the various answer options. You can also set the duration for how long you want the poll to last. Once you’re all set, simply hit publish and wait for the results to come in!
To help you get started, below are a five examples of questions you could ask your patients:
- Which appointment times do you prefer?
Option 1: Morning/early afternoon
Option 2: Mid-afternoon to early evening
- Which types of content would you like to see more of?
Option 1: Tips on hygiene and cavity prevention
Option 2: Tips on teeth whitening
- Do you prefer to use a manual or electric toothbrush?
Option 1: Manual
Option 2: Electric
- How often do you floss? (Be honest!)
Option 1: At least 4x a week
Option 2: Under 4x a week
- Do you want to see more posts about…
Option 1: Special offers and promotions
Option 2: Tips to keeping a healthy smile
To learn more about enhancing your practice’s social media presence, click here to learn five actionable steps you can take in this easy-to-use infographic!
Or, call ProSites at 888-932-3644 to learn how we can manage and grow your entire presence on today’s largest social networks like Facebook, Instagram, and Google+.