As a dentist, your goal is to make patients happy! Here are three quick ways that you can easily delight patients online with a solid dental marketing strategy:
1. Make it easy for people to find your dental practice online. While this may seem obvious, it can be difficult to do â€“ and thereâ€™s more than what meets the eye. But, did you know:
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine
- 71% of consumers begin their research phase with a search engine
- 41% of clicks go to the top 3 paid ads on a search results page
- 3 in 4 smartphone owners are using mobile search first to address their immediate needs
- 46% of all searches on Google have local intent (Google, 2018).
What does all of this mean for your practice? Where you rank on search results is critical! You can do this by:
- Claiming and completing your business listings on Google and Bing
- Investing in dental search engine optimization and/or pay-per-click advertising for dentists
- Claiming your dental practiceâ€™s social media pages
- Having a strong, professional dental website with clear contact information
Want more information about this topic? Click here to listen to the on-demand webinar recording!
2. Optimize your dental website for an ultimate patient experience.
Did you know that you have less than 50 milliseconds (0.05 seconds) to capture a visitorâ€™s attention on your dental website? Here are some best practices to ensure you instantly capture attention:
- Ensure proper use of videos, images, and iconography
- Use photos and infographics â€“ these types of pages receive 94% more views than text-only pages
- Select images that resonate with patients, so if your practice is located in the city, donâ€™t show mountains in photos
- Re-use various stock photography and website images on social media posts to get more out of your images
- Donâ€™t try to get too fancy or creative that results in the message getting lost
- Use a blend of images, videos, and taglines that work together to convey a cohesive marketing message
You should also help visitors quickly find the information they need with a thoughtfully organized navigation bar. In fact, 75% of people say the most important element in website design is the ease of finding information.1 And, people canâ€™t find the information theyâ€™re looking for on a website 60% of the time, which creates a poor user experience.2
Below are some navigation best practices to keep in mind for your dental website:
- Showcase services offered/areas of expertise, location, hours, and contact information on your homepage
- Utilize categories and subcategories to group various topics together
- Create separate pages for each service
- Donâ€™t make your navigation overly complex
3. Remember your patientsâ€™ appointments without being too aggressive or overbearing. Donâ€™t communicate in ways that you want. Communicate in the way your patients want. And remember, one size doesnâ€™t fit all when it comes to patient communications.
To learn about the best ways in which your practice should communicate with patients and when, check out this infographic that details all you need to know.
Want to learn more about delivering the ultimate patient experience online? ProSites can help! Call (888) 932-3644 to get a demo today.