10 Mind-blowing Stats Why Dentists Need to be Marketing on Facebook
What do 1.59 BILLION people do every day? Use Facebook!
There’s no doubt about it, when it comes to social media, Facebook is the platform of choice. Wouldn’t it make sense to capitalize on the company’s unprecedented access to potential new patients with Facebook marketing?
Since the social media giant provides free access to users, Facebook relies heavily on advertising for the bulk of its revenues. For that reason, the company cleverly tracks user patterns, interests and demographics to entice advertisers. That means you can precisely target prospective patients with Facebook Ads.
Need a bit more convincing? Check out these ten compelling reasons why dental practices should use Facebook to rapidly boost their new patient numbers.
- 79% of online adults use Facebook (AdEspresso). Why this matters: Once the province of college students and teens, Facebook has matured along with its audience. Chances are, your potential patients are on Facebook right now, some looking for a new dentist. Reaching them with an engaging business page and highly targeted ads can be done both rapidly and within your budget – delivering a fast return on your marketing investment. If you’re experiencing an emergency, last-minute opening, or another critical change that requires you to alert numerous patients at once, sending a text may be the best way to reach a group of patients at once.
- 72% of online users who make over $75,000 per year are on Facebook (OmniCore Agency). Why this matters: If you seek patients who value quality dentistry—and are willing to pay for it—Facebooks users are likely candidates. Of all the social media platforms, this audience is the most affluent. With income of more than $75,000 per year, you can tap into the ideal patient demographics for your practice.
- Americans spend 58 minutes per day on Facebook (HootSuite). Why this matters: Your current and potential patients are constantly bombarded with noise—from junk emails to group texts to online video ads which play automatically, like it or not. How can you capture their attention? With 58 dedicated minutes a day, Facebook marketing allows you to engage users when they are in a more relaxed, receptive frame of mind. Here you can grab their undivided attention.
- 50 million businesses have Facebook pages (HootSuite). Why this matters: The social media experience—particularly for Facebook users—is all about connecting with friends, family, and businesses in a relaxed, friendly environment. When your practice is there with an active Facebook page, it builds brand awareness with prospective patients. When your practice isn’t there, it diminishes brand awareness and expectations for your practice. Plus, it leaves room for the competition. There’s simply no downside to having a Facebook page for your practice. Did we mention it’s free?
- 57% of consumers say that social media influences their shopping (AdEspresso). Why this matters: Having a presence in a digital environment which influences buying decisions is a must for dentists. With Facebook marketing, you can showcase your expertise while building a rapport with existing and prospective patients. A strong Facebook business page with glowing reviews, educational articles and enticing promotional offers builds confidence and familiarity—all of which leads to more business for your practice.
Want to learn the other remaining 5 shocking stats about marketing your practice on Facebook? Click here to download the flipbook that will show you the other 5 shocking stats about marketing your dental practice on Facebook!
Want help with your Facebook marketing strategy for your dental practice? ProSites can help! Call us at (888) 932-3644 to learn more.