How Does Digital Marketing Help Your Dental Practice Grow?
Learn How to Use Dental Marketing Strategies to Engage Patients
Check out the complete webinar here:
Communicate Now and Be Ready to Grow!
Dental practices that utilize digital marketing tools to reach and engage their patients will experience increased patient retention and attract new patients. When patients are left in the dark, unsure if their dental office is open or if they should reschedule their next appointment, their satisfaction with the dental office may decrease. Those frustrated patients may then seek the help of other dental practices that are actively marketing their new office hours or virtual dental care.
There is good news. When dental practices send proactive and helpful digital patient communications consistently, they let their patients know they care. Dental practices that share frequent patient communication on their website or Facebook page, will let their patients know that their practice is open and ready to provide patient care today.
Here are helpful tips that dental practices have successfully implemented online:
- Update your digital patient communication marketing channels on a regular basis. To ensure that patients are engaged, be sure the home page of your dental practice website, your Facebook posts, your Google business page, your Yelp page, and your email or text to send patient communications at the same time. It is recommended that your messages are updated weekly.
- Ask your patients if they have a preference between email, phone, or text communications. By providing patients with helpful updates using their preferred communication method, dental practices will increase patient satisfaction and engagement. PracticeMojo, provides patients with the ability to select from text, emails, automated phone calls, or even postcards as their preferred communication method.
- Create a dental patient communication plan calendar. Dental practices can use a team calendar to share information about their new safety practices, staff birthdays, or interesting facts about new dental technology. To get the best results be sure the posts are fun and engaging. Be sure your communication plan provides concise answers to common patient questions like:
- How do I get emergency dental treatment?
- What are your new safety protocols for cleanings?
- Is my dentist seeing patients? If they are open, what their new office hours?
- How do I reach my dentist if I am in pain?
- Should I reschedule or keep my appointment?
- Keep your website updated first and foremost. If a patient visits a dental practice website that is outdated, they are likely to move to another local dentist office website. Be sure to create a COVID-19 update page on your dental practice website in case patients have questions about new dental office procedures and safety protocols.
- Add live chat to your current website. Dental practices can use live chat features on the home page of their website to quickly answer questions and address any concerns they may have. Live chat is also a convenient way to engage new patients without additional in office risk exposure. Live chat allows dental practices to track commonly asked patient questions. Be sure to take those questions and add them to website under your new COVID-19 response page.
- Get creative and add your own personal touch. The most successful dental practices will find ways to make dental care fun and informative online. If your dental practice caters to pediatric dental care, then consider a social media campaign that would appeal to a family with children. If you are a cosmetic dentist, create videos or social media campaigns that appeal to patients looking to improve the appearance of their smile. One cosmetic dental practice launched a marketing campaign called “Tooth Talk Thursdays” to share helpful dental care tips weekly.
The greatest benefit of investing in digital patient communication tools is that increased patient satisfaction will lead to positive patient reviews. More patient reviews will translate to more patients. While dental office digital marketing requires time and effort, it will bring in a steady stream of new patients that will boost your practice’s revenue. If you decide to focus on your patients and outsource your help to a team of marketing experts, reach out to ProSites for a consultation.
We have a team of experts that will help you develop a strategy and execute a tailored digital marketing plan.