Keeping up with the latest information regarding COVID-19 is critical for dental practices. As new updates emerge, it is vital that you refer to resources that have real-time data that can help your practice evaluate developments over the coming weeks.
In order to help you navigate through the pandemic, here is a list of top 10 resources to help you navigate these unprecedented times
- American Dental Association (ADA). The ADA offers the latest information in dental industry news. This website has the latest information on the COVID-19 relief bill and what it means for dentistry and your practice. They also share continued guidance on dental emergency procedures, and whether to offer nonemergency care: https://www.ada.org/
- California Dental Association (CDA). The CDA website is a great resource for dental practices looking for the latest webinars, HIPAA compliance, helpful resource library, tips on practice management, as well as providing urgent updates by text: https://www.ada.org/en/member-center/coronavirus-resource-toolkit-for-ada-members
- Dental Economics. This valuable business journal is a practice management resource that helps dentists in every stage of their careers, from dental students to new dentists to seasoned clinicians: https://www.dentaleconomics.com/
- National Network for Oral Health Access. This resource for dental practices offers case studies, consent forms, and the latest updates on the pandemic and what it means for your practice: http://www.nnoha.org
- Apple and Center for Disease Control (CDC). This joint effort with Apple and the CDC offers a FREE COVID-19 Screening Tool. This tool can help you understand what to do next about COVID-19: https://www.apple.com/covid19
- American Association of Endodontists (AAE). Their website offers a full page on COVID-19, including implications for Dental Care and current best practices. As their website notes, they will offer new recommendations as the pandemic evolves: https://www.aae.org/specialty/clinical-resources/covid-19-updates-resources/
- Center for Disease Control (CDC). The CDC website is updated frequently to cover recent events and contains comprehensive guidelines such as “Interim Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for Dental Settings During the COVID-19 Response” to protect your practice and your patients: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Dentistry Today. This a valuable article for dentists looking to compare their preparedness to the rest of the industry: https://www.dentistrytoday.com/news/todays-dental-news/item/6014-dentists-already-are-prepared-for-the-coronavirus
- Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA). The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the primary federal agency for improving health care to people who are geographically isolated, economically or medically vulnerable. They include a helpful list of FAQs that cover need-to-know information on dealing with the outbreak: https://www.hrsa.gov/coronavirus
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The EPA provides valuable resources such as a list of the most effective disinfectants to use against COVID-19, as well as emerging viral pathogen claims for SARS-CoV-2: https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/epa-releases-list-disinfectants-use-against-covid-19 and https://www.epa.gov/coronavirus
We hope you find these resources helpful.
We are here to help. ProSites is also here to help you with your patient communication needs. Reach out to an Internet Marketing Advisor today at (888) 932-3644 or click here to request a free consultation with our industry experts.