Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
You may have heard of the term search engine optimization or "SEO". For those who haven't, here's a short definition:
When done correctly, SEO can dramatically boost search engine rankings and the number of visitors coming to your website. However, SEO is just one component of an all-encompassing search engine marketing strategy.
Search engine marketing (SEM) combines several tools, including SEO, to help market your practice online and attract new patients. ProSites offers tailored SEM/SEO services that can help you target high-value patients and grow your practice.
SEM: The Complete ToolBox
Search engine marketing (SEM) improves website visibility within search engines through the use of multiple strategies, including: search engine optimization (SEO), pay per click campaigns (PPC), digital asset optimization, and other search engine related activities. A dynamic SEM campaign utilizes a greater set of tools than basic SEO and is proven to be more successful. Why limit yourself to just a single tool when you could have access to an entire toolbox?
An effective SEM plan can employ various tools and techniques, including:
- Search Engine Optimization: Great SEO begins with an understanding of your practice and your online objectives. From there, we develop a winning "keyword list" that becomes the foundation of our optimization efforts. Numerous on-page and off-page techniques will be used to boost your website's visibility on the search engines in order to increase website visitors.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Campaigns: While SEO efforts can take some time to yield results, PPC can deliver results within minutes of launch. With PPC, your targeted ads appear when people type specific keywords into a search engine. When the prospective patient clicks your ad, they immediately go to your website. You pay a fee only when someone actually clicks on your ad and visits your website (thus the term "pay-per-click"). PPC is an excellent tool for targeting high-value patients at the precise moment they're looking for specific services (e.g., dental implants, orthodontics, cosmetic dentistry, etc.).
- Digital Asset Optimization: Whereas SEO is traditionally about making your site pop up in the search engine results, digital asset optimization (DAO) is about making your content visible on other sites, optimizing it for targeted terms, and capturing as much Internet real estate as possible. Photos, videos, PDF files, press releases, and other digital assets can be optimized to appear all over the Internet (and link back to your website). Those incoming links improve page rank and create even more visitors.
- Local Search Marketing: A recent usage study found that over 70% of consumers go online to search for local businesses and services. With respect to smartphone users, the number jumps to over 95%. The ability to search local maps on Google, Yahoo, and Bing has created a great opportunity for business owners who "claim" their business listings on local maps and optimize them for maximum exposure. To get a free copy of our Local Search Marketing report, click here.
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Yelp, and many other social networks are connecting people with each other, with businesses, and influencing consumer behaviors. While conventional wisdom holds that "it's not what you know... it's who you know", these days it's really important "what they know," and "what they think" about you and your practice. As a business owner, you have the opportunity to become an expert and a leader for people interested in the services you offer by joining the conversation.
The ProSites team uses a combination of many strategies to improve your website visibility, increase visitor traffic to your website, and then convert those visitors into new patients.
Converting Visitors into New Patients
Getting visitors to your website is only half of the equation. Once there, it's important to convert those visitors into new patients. Turning a visitor into a new patient is called a "conversion".
While there are literally thousands of self-proclaimed "SEO experts" who make outlandish claims about their success at getting good rankings, most give little or no thought to creating "conversions". Rankings are nice, but that doesn't necessarily translate into new patients... only new patients = new patients!
At ProSites we tailor an Internet strategy to your particular practice and objectives. We utilize an array of proven techniques to help boost your influx of website visitors, and then convert those visitors into new patients. Landing page optimization, calls to action, and other techniques are used to influence visitor behavior while they're on your website. Our primary goal, above all, is maximizing your return on investment.
Contact us today for a free SEM/SEO Consultation and find out how ProSites can help you target high-value patients and grow your practice.