Why Contracts Put You In Control
So you’re interested in SEO services, but you’re not sure you’re ready to sign a contract. It’s a common dilemma for small businesses. Don’t worry. When it comes to SEO, we can help you make the best decision for your dental practice. First, there are a few things that need to be understood about SEO.
1. SEO is not a fad. It’s not a powder blue, double-knit leisure suit that will only be seen at Halloween in a couple years. SEO has grown in importance just as access to the Internet, mobile and social media channels have grown. SEO is a must for any business.
2. SEO is not a quick fix. Anyone who tells you it is a quick fix, or guarantees specific results is misleading you. It takes an intimate knowledge of your target audience, your practice and your competitors to do it well – and that takes time.
3. SEO is your key to Internet visibility. Without an SEO plan it’s highly unlikely anyone online will find you without already knowing where to look. But with a good SEO strategy, your dental practice can receive high rankings from search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. That means more visitors to your website. More visitors equal more potential patients.
Now you can begin a discussion about what you need from a SEO company.
You may understand SEO practices – metatags, keywords, linkbacks, site maps, page optimization, social media accounts and so on. And you may have free time to put towards developing and implementing a strategic SEO plan that takes into account regulations from multiple search engines. If so, you may only want help with piecemeal projects. Many SEO companies offer project-based pricing. However, when you handle your SEO in this way, the ups and downs and analysis of success are squarely on your shoulders.
If you’re looking for more of a complete and ongoing, steady solution, you can look into hiring an SEO firm to manage your online presence. With hiring a firm often comes a contract. We know, this discussion gives you pause, so let us just say:
• A contract is not a way for a SEO company to lock you into paying for work you don’t need or want.
• A contract with a SEO company is actually a way to ensure you see the quality work and success metrics you expect.
A successful SEO strategy takes time. Time to develop an intimate knowledge of your practice, your patients, your potential patients and your competitors. Time to be vigilant in keeping your SEO up to date with the ever-changing SEO environment. Time to change. Time to test. Time to work. A contract sets both time and expectations.
A six to twelve month contract allows your dental practice to clearly define what will be provided by your SEO provider – original content, local SEO optimization, linkbacks, free upgrades, social media channel audits and much more – during these pivotal months. The contract gives your dental practice control over their expertise and allows you to hold them accountable. As we mentioned- SEO is not a quick-fix, it takes time, and the contract is the firm’s way of saying “allow us the time it takes to get your practice ranking.”
Google, Bing, and other major search engines are always changing their regulations and search algorithms to offer better search experiences. SEO companies have to keep up and quickly adapt. While you might see an immediate bump from one project to another, SEO is a continual process and those algorithm changes may also result in lower ratings as easily as higher ones. SEO best practices say that six to twelve months is a good measure of time to analyze whether a plan is working or not. At this juncture in the process a good plan should see sustained increases in website traffic regardless of any ups or downs.
Remember that the point of your website is to grow your business. If people can’t find your website, what’s the point of having it? A well-planned SEO strategy creates visibility and increases traffic. And it has some of the best ROI in marketing, exceeding traditional approaches such as radio, newspaper ads and direct mail. A qualified Internet marketing company can develop and implement an SEO strategy for your dental practice to reach its goals. As experts in the dental profession, Prosites would be happy to help. Simply call 888-932-3644 for a personal consultation.