Consistently posting on social media can be hard to do after a while. So, we thought we’d give you some inspiration with these 30 amazing post ideas!
Want to learn more about dental social media now? Download the free whitepaper, Running a Dental Practice in the Age of Social Media.
Hours and Updates
- If your hours and safety procedures have changed, post about it on your social media! This will help patients understand any guidelines or health screenings ahead of time and make them feel safe booking their next appointments.
Community and Volunteer Events
2. Highlight volunteer work your practice is involved with. Social media is a great place to post photos from charity walks, events, and any pro-bono work your practice offers.
3. Host a charity drive and promote it leading up to and on the day of the event. Consider offering an annual food drive around Thanksgiving and a toy drive around Christmas!
4. Help promote events happening in your community like a pet adoption near you. People like to help spread the word, so these posts will likely get shared by your followers!
5. Share information about scholarships you offer or are aware of, particularly for dental school students.
Office Celebrations and Announcements
6. Celebrate your staff with a happy birthday message. This will resonate with your loyal patients and build familiarity with your friendly staff!
7. Congratulate your staff when they announce a pregnancy (given that they feel comfortable sharing this news).
8. Show your practice’s personality and post photos of holiday parties, costume competitions or white elephant gift exchanges.
9. Is your office offering new technology like online intake forms or online billing? Show off these new features!
10. Announce conferences that you are attending and include professional photos from the convention floors.
11. Share your experiences at CE events. People like to know that their dentist is keeping up with the times!
12. Introduce new-hires with a photo and quick bio. This is a great way to familiarize your patients with new staff members.
13. Explain a new process that your practice has implemented to improve patient experiences, like confirming or rescheduling their appointments seamlessly online.
14. If you’re in the news, it’s OK to brag a little! Share local press about your practice.
15. Give your followers updates on holiday hours so they can plan their appointments accordingly.
16. Share your own positive, native reviews. Facebook allows patients to review you, so if someone has something nice to say “share” the post and thank them publicly.
17. Highlight before and after photos (with the patient’s permission, of course). ProSites also offers a service called Patient ShowCase which makes it easy to highlight before and after photos on your website to increase case acceptance.
18. Re-post any positive posts that patients post about and tag your practice in.
19. Hold themed days such as Denture Days or Patient Appreciation Days. Having a blog post that explains the promotion helps too.
20. Offer a discount to new clients. Tip: Promotions are best shared near end of calendar year when people are thinking about their expiring benefits. Start posting weekly in September and continue until December 31st.
21. Create a Patient of the Month program thank patients for being loyal supporters.
22. Create a list of common questions and answer one common question each week, such as “What to do in a dental emergency?”
23. Discuss your opinion of fashions trends that affect oral health such as piercings, jewelry in teeth, and other uncommon cosmetic procedures.
24. Share dental care tips that inform patients about flossing, the benefits of sugar-free gum, and more.
Entertaining or Humorous Content
25. Entertain your patients with celebrity before and after smile comparisons.
26. Uncover myths about dentists debunked.
27. Highlight fun facts about dentistry. A quick google search can help come up with a few.
28. Make kids laugh with cartoons about dentists. Use your best judgment to determine if this is consistent with your practice’s voice and personality.
29. Re-post relatable content such as these Buzzfeed articles about dentists. Use your best judgment to determine if this is consistent with your brand as well.
30. Repost old content that did well as a #TBT (throwback Thursday) post.