About the Scholarship
Dental students often add to their already heavy workload by providing outreach to their communities for little or no financial gain. To help thank these students who take time to help others, ProSites has created the Pay It Forward Dental Scholarship program.
ProSites will select one deserving applicant annually to receive the $1,000 scholarship. The Pay It Forward Scholarship is designed to help students meet financial responsibilities that other forms of tuition assistance may not fulfill. Scholarship recipients may use the award to help cover any necessary expenses including tuition, books, housing, living, or travel expenses. Eligibility for the program is not tied to academic performance.
All applications must be submitted by March 31st for selection on April 30th.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be enrolled full time in a CODA accredited DDS or DMD program. Proof of enrollment at a CODA accredited dental school in the form of a letter from the school registrar on official letterhead OR an unofficial transcript is acceptable.
- At least 50 hours total of volunteer work over the last five (5) years. The total number of hours do not have come from the same volunteer opportunity.
- A 400-700 word personal statement from the applicant detailing his/her reasons for volunteering, challenges faced, and what s/he learned/gained from the experience. Note: ProSites will reprint this statement in its selection announcement.
- At least one (1) and no more than two (2) letters of recommendation typed on school letterhead from faculty members, including instructors, advisers, program directors, or dean.
- Optionally, applicants are encouraged to provide one or two letters of recommendation from supervisors at organizations where s/he volunteered including the name of the organization, name of most recent supervisor, contact number for verification purposes, and number of hours volunteered. These letters should be typed on official organization letterhead when possible and must include contact information for verification purposes.
- A completed Scholarship Application Form. Download this form here.
Application packets may be submitted by mail or scanned and submitted in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by email. Image files and word docs will be rejected.
The Scholarship Application Form will include an itemized listing of volunteer work completed in the last five (5) years.
Only recognized non-profit charities, including religious charities of any faith or denomination, will be considered. Volunteer work for political or partisan non-profit organizations will not be recognized. BBB Wise Giving Alliance accreditation is not required, but will be considered.
Completion and submission of this form constitutes written permission to contact involved persons and organizations for verification purposes.
If you have any questions please email the ProSites Dental Scholarship Director at email@example.com