As Staff Accountant, you will assist the Controller with the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
Key Management Areas of Responsibility
- Support month-end closing by creating journal entries and supporting schedules
- Manage and update daily cash activity
- Assist with Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), and Fixed Asset analysis and entries
- Assist in monthly P&L variance analysis
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Provide detailed analysis and explanations of all transactions
- Ensure proper preparation of sales and use tax returns by 3rd party vendor
- Prepare documentation for external audit(s)
- Assist with process improvement in day to day operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration.
- 0 to 5 years of experience in accounting
- Excellent MS Office skills, specifically MS Word and MS Excel (INDEX,VLOOKUP, PIVOT TABLES)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required
- Experience using Microsoft-Great Plains, Salesforce, Oracle- Hyperion Financial Management, or Oracle Net-Suite, Cognos Financial Performance Management Software, in a corporate environment, preferred
- Software as a Service (SaaS) experience, preferred
Physical/Mental Requirements for the Job:
- Prolonged periods of seating
- May be requested to work overtime and weekends if deemed necessary
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds
- Certain management positions might be required to occasional travel
This role is office-based in our Temecula, CA (not available for telecommuting).
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life, and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Casual dress and frequent team building events
Interested in applying? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put Staff Accountant in the subject line.