The SEO Manager exudes passion for search engine marketing, operational excellence, and coaching. He/she is responsible for the fulfillment of company objectives related to SEO services and can ascertain and manage scalability for an expanding account base.
The SEO Manager is responsible for effectively and efficiently overseeing the daily activities of product subscriptions, specifically in terms of campaign performance, workflow, and customer service. He/she is focused on coaching a high performing team whose productivity and quality have a direct bearing on corporate strategy to acquire and retain clients in a profitable manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the SEO product workflow, including people, process, and productivity. Ensure workload, campaign launch, ongoing account optimization, and client engagement are executed on time, within budget, and with quality.
- Oversee resource allocation, measure staffing capacity and productivity, and provide regular reporting and analysis to Senior Management.
- Define key performance indicators by offering and package level to ensure SEO product strategy is meeting its goal and determine methods of course correction necessary to achieve desired results.
- Understand customers’ digital marketing goals and help translate goals into executable strategies through ongoing maintenance and enhancements.
- Develop standard operating procedures as well as identify and implement process improvements for effective inter and intradepartmental workflow.
- Address escalated issues to repair client relationships and set proper expectations for continued service and performance.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams including Service, Sales, Design and Development to continually advance effectiveness of SEO services, client satisfaction and department growth.
- Stay abreast of new developments and changes in organic search and other related areas of search engine marketing and social media, and actively research, test and propose new approaches to improving SEO campaign performance.
- Obtain, clarify and communicate technical and business needs to reach department and company objectives.
- Demonstrate SEO expertise through preparation and delivery of professional and engaging SEO presentations for a range of audiences, both internal and external.
- Minimum 5 years of SEO experience in a hands-on role involving campaign management
- Minimum 3 years of personnel management experience in a service-oriented and technical business environment.
- In depth understanding of search engines, search engine optimization techniques, and principles for sound SEO design and content that affect user experience.
- Expertise with Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate articulately both verbally and in writing, and translate complex subjects for a diverse audience.
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Proven methods to manage self and others, including delegation
- Ability to employ a high degree of discretion in dealing with confidential matters
- High tolerance for change and respect for dynamic entrepreneurial management philosophy
- Familiarity with best practices and trends in search engine marketing (e.g., pay-per-click) and social media marketing
- Must have experience with Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, or similar software.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Physical/Mental Requirements for the Job:
- Prolonged periods of seating
- May be requested to work overtime and weekends if deemed necessary
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds
- Certain management positions might be required to occasional travel
This is a full-time, office-based position in our Temecula, CA or Burlington, VT offices.
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life, and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Casual dress and frequent team building events
Interested in applying? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put SEO Manager in the subject line.