5 Ways QR Codes Can Benefit Your Practice
You have probably seen it before, a square-shaped barcode located on advertisements, posters, flyers, etc., and may wonder exactly what it is. Known as Quick Response (QR) codes, these square barcodes are innovative shortcuts that immediately direct patients to a specific webpage or prompt a phone call, e-mail, or text message to your practice.
QR codes are quickly growing in popularity, as they provide added simplicity and also integrate a “cool” factor within your marketing efforts. Check out some of these ideas for adding QR codes to your mobile marketing strategy.
1. Put it on your post cards. The next time you send patients a direct mail piece, such as a thank you card or recall card, add a QR code that directs them to your website or Appointment Request page. This encourages a response from your patients to follow-up and schedule their next appointment.
2. Advertise a special offer. If you use direct mail or print advertising to showcase special offers, include a QR code that directs users to a page on your website to learn more about your special.
3. Grow your social networks. Is your practice on popular social media sites like Facebook and Twitter? Send a direct mail piece that invites patients to “Follow” or “Like” your practice by scanning a QR code that immediately directs them to your social media page.
4. Drive traffic to your website. Place your QR code on business cards, to help patients easily learn more about your services and what you offer. And, if you have brochures for various services you offer, consider adding a QR code on these materials, which links to a corresponding page on your website. For example, if you have a brochure dedicated to teeth whitening services, add a QR code that links to a page on your website about teeth whitening, or a before and after page that shows teeth whitening results.
5. Generate more online reviews. Display a QR code at your front desk that links to your online review page, so when patients visit your practice they can immediately leave a review about their experience. The easier it is for patients to access your review site, the greater the chance they will leave a review immediately after their visit.
To generate a QR code, check out some of these popular sites:
Placing QR codes on your practice’s materials will not only impress your tech-savvy patients, but you also add convenience for mobile users and can increase traffic to your website, social media pages, and reviews pages.
Has your practice started implementing QR codes? Leave a comment and let us know how you’re using them!