Last updated on May 21st, 2021 at 01:16 am
When it comes to starting a new dental practice, or updating your existing website, choosing and creating a great domain name is key.
Below are best practices to keep in mind when trying to come up with a domain name for your dental practice.
- Make it easy to remember. Avoid slang or abbreviations, such as “u” instead of “you”
- Keep it short. If your domain name is long, you risk people forgetting what it is, or misspelling it.
- Use location. Consider putting the name of your city to make it easy for local clients to remember.
- Use an appropriate extension. These are at the end of your website URL, such as .com or .net. These extensions have specific uses, so make sure to choose one that works for your firm. Below is a cheat sheet:
- .co : an abbreviation for company, commerce, and community.
- .info : informational sites.
- .net : technical, Internet infrastructure sites.
- .org : non-commercial organizations and nonprofits.
- .biz : business or commercial use, like e-commerce sites.
- .me : blogs, resumes or personal sites.
While you don’t need a website for each domain, it’s recommended to purchase your domain name across all the extensions to protect your brand.
- Do due diligence. Make sure the domain you choose is not trademarked or copyrighted to avoid any legal issues.
Follow these simple steps to choose an effective domain name!
Once you have your perfect pick, it’s time to get a perfect website to make it come to life.
Learn the top do’s and don’ts of an effective accounting website and download the free whitepaper today by filling out the form below.